My Family

My Family

23 August 2008

Picture Day!!!

Today we went to Sears for Family Pictures. Amanda is not crazy about getting her picture made. She doesn't like sitting still and will rarely look at us on request. This morning I showed her the new clothes for pictures. She was excited about her new "blue clothes." All morning we discussed getting our pictures made and practiced saying "cheese" and smiling. Amanda did great for the first picture. It is the one we will be using for our Christmas cards, so I won't put it on here. As soon as we were done with that picture she said, "All done." We all laughed tried to explain that we were not all done. We resorted to bribery for Amanda. "If you sit on the rock, look at the camera and smile, you will get a treat."












Clara did great. She loved the photo session. Here are a few of the other pictures for your viewing pleasure.






















After we left Sears we went to Longhorn Steak House. Amanda kept asking about her treat. I tried to pass off the bread as a treat, but she didn't buy it. So we had to go to the grocery store on the way home to get a real treat. Daddy's favorite... Oreo Cookies.

4 comments:

Lianne said...

What beautiful girls and a beautiful family! I'm so excited that you have a blog now! :)

Anonymous said...

Too fun! I'm so glad you are doing the blog thing! I am already a fan of swallowflight. It will be a great way to watch your family grow when you are so far away. The joys of having little girls makes me pine for the days of playdo and nap times. Even the frustrations of that age seem small in comparison to the woes of teenagers....

Anonymous said...

hooray! welcome to the blog world! i love it... i am looking forward to plenty of little niece pix to keep me entertained between visits. btw you are sending me a TON of traffic... i'll have to get going to keep up :)

mjoseph said...

What a beautiful family! Those kids look as ornery as James:)